Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

BLW : Pink Paratha (9 months +)

Paratha is always my family's favourite breakfast though I made it once in 15 days. I don't want them to get bored by eating the same food again and again. But this paratha can be served to adults too. Increase the quantity of spices and add whatever you want to add to enhance the taste like green chilli, chat masala, red chilli powder etc. 


BLW : Pink Paratha
PC : Pixbay 


Pink Paratha means it is made up of beetroot. To enhance the taste I also added carrot because carrot is my babies favourite food. This is my trick - whenever I want to introduce any new food I try to mix them with their favourite food. Chances are they will eat the food. 😇


These recipes can be given to 9 months onwards. Skip salt and red chilli powder for baby below one year old. I am using salt and basic masala for my toddler food because they also eat from our plates. Use a pinch of black pepper and garam masala it enhances the taste and this is the way you introduce masala to your baby. 


BEET CARROT PARATHA 🥕🌰

Ingredients: 

1/2 boiled and grated beetroot

1/2 boiled and grated carrot

1 TSP  crushed kasoori methi

Fistful chopped coriander leaves.

1/4 tsp garam masala

1/4 tsp black pepper powder

Salt as per taste 

1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp malai from milk to knead the flour


Direction: 

1. Mix all above ingredients in a whole wheat flour and knead soft dough. 

2. Rest it for 15 minutes.

3. Roll out small parathas.

4. Roast it on hot tawa using butter.

5. Your pinkish beetroot paratha is ready. Serve it with curd.


Tips

If your baby is not ready to eat try to serve in very small portion. 

Keep on serving again and again they will definitely going to eat. 



Question of the day

Do you like to eat beetroot? 




This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla in collaboration with Bohemian Bibliophile.



©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.


Comments

  1. I think beets are underrated in our Indian diet though South Indian diet has some great stir-fry options using beet carrots etc.I love this paratha, in fact it adds a nice color, fiber, and nutrition to this paratha. I even add it to carrot hala for extra deep colour and we make an amaranthus beet bhaji which my kids love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Amarnath bhaji with beet I will definitely try.

      Delete
  2. Beets are a good source of iron, which is important for healthy blood and brain development in babies. Including beet carrot paratha in their diet can help meet their iron needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious ya. Thanks for the recipe, its really simple to prepare

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beetroot, I can have anything made of beetroot, right from chips to cookies, raita to grated salads, juices and soups. I have given up on whole wheat flour, but I certainly have beetroot pancakes and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zenobia Merchant4 March 2024 at 20:09

    Wow Neeta. Thank you for this healthy and yummilicious recipe. Will surely try it for my kiddos. I normally grate beetroot and add salt, pepper, lemon and eat as a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that these days we have beetroot flour available in the market. Will it work if I use that flour for the preparation as I would love to try this recipe. Kindly suggest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about flour. You can search whether it is healthy or not .

      Delete
  7. My answer to your question is: I don't like beetroot Neeta😬 and I don't eat it either. I know it is really good for health but the taste n smell is a turn off for me. However, your paratha looks appetising and is a simple recipe too. I will try it. Btw, did I tell u that I tried your palak chilla n my kids loved it? I will let you know what they feel about this too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made beetroot paratha. Apart from the health part of it, the taste is yummy too. Next time will add carrots too. Children also love it. Easy way to make them eat beetroot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! this recipe is perect to make kids have beetroot. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super healthy recipe, my kids do not eat beetroot and I think this is a best way to make them eat. Easy recipe but extremely healthy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love beetroot and add it to my salads, soups and even pav bhaji. It's quite nutritious too so parathas are a great way to make our kids have it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son is 8 yo now but he still loves beetroot & carrot paratha. But it's not my fav because of that sweetness it gives to the paratha, instead I add boiled potatoes to balance that. But it's a wonderful way to introduce beetroot and carrot to baby's diet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is surely going to be popular with kids. They lovely anything bright and colorful. I am not fond of beetroot but I will surely give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a unique and healthy dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm not a beetroot but I guess the inclusion of carrot will make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hated the smell and taste of beetroot but since past two years it is part of my daily diet and my beet carrot soup recipe is a masterchef winner. I like the idea of using it in a paratha. Will surely try this out

    ReplyDelete
  16. Recently I had come across one of the Instagram videos ..recipe on this beetroot paratha .. and was planning to try ...now I am gonna try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow what an amazing recipe for BLW, I love the beet Paratha but including the carrot is another trick I learnt now

    ReplyDelete
  18. This Pink Paratha recipe looks so yummy and creative! I love how you've added beetroot and carrot to make it colorful and nutritious.colorful and nutritious. Your trick of mixing new foods with your baby's favorites is genius – definitely going to try that with my not so little one. Thanks for sharing this recipe, can't wait to give it a go.
    - Anjali Tripathi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like this recipe Neeta! I want to eat more beetroot but always wonder if there is any other way that just a salad... and i do love paranthas, so this is a perfect solution for even me :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beetroot, carrot, mild masala, yummy taste your baby is lucky to eat delicious from beginning. 👌🤩

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've tried this and this is yummm

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow the pink paratha looks so pretty! We also mix beetroot and other veggies in our kids' parathats but I have never seen them come out so pink! Thanks for sharing - these look like they are very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My small nephew loves eating pink paratha and to enhance taste we add small jaggery powder apart from beetroot . Such an amazing and healthy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love beetroot and pink Paratha. It's my favourite dish during winters and it's nourishing value adds it to my wishlist. The energy gained by 1parantha is enough for whole day. Love making these.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is quite a unique take on a regular paratha. Thanks for sharing!
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade