Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

A peaceful morning with toddlers


A peaceful morning start is a great way to have a good day. Everyone wants to start a day peacefully. As a mom I am trying to have a calm morning. But it is possible only when I have my morning cup of tea -- To recharge myself and to recharge the whole house. 


Hope you relate with it mommy?


Until my twins were small babies our routine was set but as soon as they grew up and started walking my morning routine was falling down. It becomes clumsy and often I lose my temper. It was very difficult to get myself recharged for the day. 

I cried, I shouted, I screamed and finally I turned to them in front of the screen. I know none of this was going to work in the long run. I was struggling. 


When you become a mom everything depends on having a solid routine. Routine which helps toddlers to understand what they have to do and what mummy is going to do after every 10 to 15 minutes. Like, They have to brush  teeth, ( of course mummy is going to do it for them) , they have to let mumma cook breakfast for them, they have to let mumma have tea, and blaa blaa blaa....


Finally I decided to make some changes to have less tantrums in the morning. After many trials it worked. 


PATIENCE 


Every morning is different and one thing I realised is to adapt to the present time. Whatever happens I have my morning tea with light breakfast is my first priority. Then only I can start my day.

Peaceful morning with toddlers




Sharing some tips how I am having peaceful morning. This helps me a lot in handling twins toddlers. It may help you to have some peace in the morning as a toddler mom. 


Morning Walk : 

Some mornings we have  a morning walk. Yes, right after waking and cuddling. Fresh morning air and sunlight freshen up three of us.  They run, walk, collect leaves, sticks and enjoy the birds tweets. We tend to go for morning walks twice a week. Yes it is twice only for less tantrums.😑 ( You know, right)

 


Dance Party 

Some mornings start on cry mode. It is very difficult to soothe both of them at the same time. So I decided to have some dance movements. Black Pink is currently our favourite and whenever I turned it on the screen both my twins began to dance. I also joined them to cheer up. We have lots of fun.



Books 

Books are the most therapeutic for everyone. I usually put two favourite books near our bed. So if they wake up in the morning and I was not nearby then they can simply get up from the bed and start flipping their book. It is the best part where I don't have to pay attentions.




Toy Box

I have this small box which I used to fill up at night. I put only two three favourite toys and kept them on our centre table in the living room. Once they get up from the bed even if they are crying they can easily get  involved with this toy Box. 


Poem Recitation:

I recited poems when they were two months old. Now one of my toddlers is very well versed with the poem. She sang by herself and that is the most adorable part for me. The way she sang in her vocabulary melts my heart. She almost sang 4 to 5 poems in her  language. Both of them enjoyed this poem recitation process with the act. Apart from morning routine It mostly happened on my twins demand too in a whole day.😇


Reading and Learning

Reading a book again and again helps them to understand the words. We all know to instill a reading habit you have to start early. 

Study shows early years ( 1 to 5 years) is very important for our kids. They learnt quickly whatever you are going to teach them. I have my own experience with my older daughter.


Books are always good over screen, right? I started to read this book when she was 5 months old. Now she knows 90% of it. She pronounced every word very well. Check it out here.


My method worked well with my older one. With the same experience I tried to repeat the pattern with twins. It was difficult but yes with patience and practice it worked.


These are some tips which worked for me to have a peaceful morning. It help my twins to calm down and help me 😁 to calm down. Being in a nuclear family and when you are the sole person to take care of everything then you must thrive on peaceful morning. Once you have set the routine everything goes smoothly. Just you need to learn to stay calm😐


Helpful key points : 


1. Always  use your experience and set things which is really helpful to you and your toddlers. Morning tantrums are irritating.


2. Do not get trapped in social media and try your own. 


3. Have patience. Yes to set a routine you have to have patience. It requires lots of time to set the routine. 


4.  Stay calm. Irritation only disturbs our mind and mood. Stay calm and connect your babies. 

5. Connect your toddlers with patience and love. 



Conclusion


Having a peaceful morning for a mom with toddler is very important to have a good start of the day. Chances are more to have independent play. Babies and toddlers always want to be with mommy and so be with them at least for the starting period. Once they get busy slowly get away. Observe them and let them play.


Kids learn fast when you have repeated courses of action. Be creative and keep your house filled with toys, books, music and most importantly your unconditional love.


This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla in collaboration with Bohemian Bibliophile.



Questions for the Day 

Do you have any specific morning routine? Are you a toddler mom and follow any special morning routine? 



Instagram, Twitter , Facebook 




©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.



Comments

  1. Don't even remind me of that time! Luckily for me, I had my Mother-in-law to help out when my kids were toddlers. Going to work meant I had to have a routine. So it was waking them on time, giving them a bath, and sometimes hand over the meal to my Mother-in-law to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess mothers are the anjels of God. The way they create innovative ideas to keep thier babies calm is really great to learn. In my house my nephew is a little toddler and depend on his mood we always prepare ourselves too. Great post .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like you I am a mom of three - a 14 year old and 7 year old twins! Your post reminded me of our early days when the twins were toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the practical tips to be done with kids. Although we have some everyday new challenges with kids. I so want to have some morning time with kids. But since school days its not possible, so I wants choose to have good morning time during holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it is a veryyyyy difficult job Neeta but hats off to you for taking it in your stride and carrying out your responsibilities soooo positively. I love your spirit and your never give up attitude and it inspires me too!... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Neeta! Love this piece on peaceful mornings with your toddlers. Mornings in our house are a mix of teenage attitude and tween energy. It's like juggling moods! We try to have a quick breakfast together, tackle school prep, and I attempt to make sure everyone has what they need before the school rush. It's a bit of controlled chaos, but we manage somehow 😄.
    -Anjali

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you that each child is different. We have to keep adapting as the child grows. We learn with our children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neeta I can imagine the tough time you must be having being in a nuclear family with twins and an older child. The ideas given by you are so easy and doable and most importantly builds a strong family bond with the group activities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure reading this post will make many mothers feel like they aren't alone in the overwhelming journey or motherhood. Glad to learn that you've managed to develop a routine despite your hands full with the twins. My specific morning routine involves having warm infused water, going for a walk and finishing a little bit of writing/reading while preparing lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that my kids have grown up I understand and empathize with you completely. You're doing great by including them in fun activities. Keeps mom's fresh and relaxed too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I will ever make it as a mother. Mother's are superheros especially that of twins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to have so many moms in this community. While I can't relate, its fun to hear your experiences and the little moments of joy between the struggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea of keeping a small box with toys for the kids to play in the morning. Useful tips. Best wishes with the twins.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Neeta dear I was in acute need of these tips as mine one is still a young toddler and in the process of understanding what mom is doing. But I believe your tips will help me to look at the morning to be a peaceful one will help me in the coming time. Summers are coming as so I will try my best to incorporate your tips in my daily schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's evident that you've put a lot of thought and effort into finding ways to manage morning tantrums and start the day on a positive note for both yourself and your toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely post to have a calm morning. I can almost resonate yo this cos I deal something similar with my toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy to see from managing yourself while taking care of toddlers with the right routine you are raising poets now. Would love to hear one of the poems.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Being a mom of a toddler and finding a me time is quite challenging. So find peace and happiness with your toddler. Play with them, sing and dance with them , try to make things work around them. It's matter of few years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have very well written...as I am very much worried what or how will be life after baby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Patience is the key and spending lots of time with them and keep a healthy communication always.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally agree with you, peaceful mornings are so important when you have a toddler in tow. It's heartwarming to see your patience and creativity in handling tantrums and creating peaceful moments. Your tips are practical and insightful, reminding us of the importance of patience and love in parenting. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have found a really good rhythm with your day and managing the twins every morning, and you are right, finding that pocket of peace every morning gives the day a strong start.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I could easily related to this post. Both my kids have 2years gap and are often termed as twins by many. I used to gift my elder one books and she handled it with care while the younger one if gets a chance tears it apart. So I try keeping my books safe from her.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is really great advice on dealing with two overactive toddlers early in the morning!
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade