Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

Badam Shake for pregnant and beastfeeding Moms

Hello all,

Hope you are doing well. It’s been a long gap being an active on my blog. I enjoyed my twin motherhood journey but I wanted to get back on my blog too. Nurturing twins without any help is really exhausting. Now we are adjusted to the routine and I wanted to have my “ME” time to upgrade myself. I am ready to brush up my writing skills and eager to read our talented fellow bloggers blog.

Many thanks to Cindy and Blogberry. I was so happy to see your email in my inbox and Mr. Hubby also assures that now I can get back to my writing. Hope I can write well and will not make you bored.



PS : Google

When I become second time Pregnant one of my friend advised me to have Badam Milk Shake – Bacche fair honge ( jokes apart) but I never had it. I don’t like to drink milk, but as a breastfeeding mom I have to drink milk regularly.  Milk is the important diet of lactating mothers. All babies nutrition’s requirement is fulfilled by mother’s milk. Mother need to take a balanced diet and drink milk regularly. I don’t like to drink plain milk so I always try to make it delicious by adding nuts, custard powder and in different kinds of milkshake form. Have you been this through mummas?

 What is BadamMilk Shake?          

Badam Milk Shake is a milk blended with almond paste. Almond milk is different and almond milkshake is different. Here we use a milk as a base and add almond paste in it. It is delicious plus nutritious

Which milk we can use for making Badam Milk Shake?

I used amul’s cow milk. You can use any cow, buffalo, Amul, Gokul, Motherdairy milk. I don’t know how it will go with coconut milk, soyabeen milk etc. I never had these kinds of milk. So Please use regular milk which we are drinking since our childhood.

Can lactating mother eat almonds?

Yes, my gynecologist advised me to have fistful nuts every day. Even pregnant ladies can also have this badam milk shake subject to condition it should be made at home. Frankly speaking I can’t eat soaked or dry nuts daily. I always forget to have it in my diet. My mom, friends advised me how to have nuts in your diet. So I am trying each one’s nuska 😀 and experimenting with milk. My ultimate goal is to have a milk in my diet. 😎

Can we make this Badam Milk Shake at home?

Yes, now everything is available on Youtube. This is my versions of milk shake which is like by everyone in my family. I am having it regularly.

BADAM MILK SHAKE

 

Prep Time : 10 minutes

Course : Beverage

Yield : 4 person

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredient :

Badam/ Almond : 1 cup

Milk : 500 ml

Sugar : 3 Tbsp or As per your taste (optional)

Shatavari : 4 Tsp.

Saffron strands : few (optional)

Eliachi powder : Small Pinch

Vanila Ice cream : Scoop (optional)

 

Direction :

 

Heat a pan and add milk. Add sugar as per your taste. If you are adding Shatavari powder then skip sugar.  Let it boil.

 

Soak Badam overnight or 5 to 6 hour. Peel the cover and grind it to make a fine paste with little bit of water.

 

Soak saffron strands in ¼ cup of milk.

 

Add this badam mixture to boiled milk and mix it very well. Give it stir and let it boil for 1 minute.

 

Now add saffron mix milk and eliachi powder and mix well. Let it sim for few minutes and then put off the gas.

 

Now add shatavari and mix it well. Make it cool at room temperature.

 

Then pour it in your glass and keep this glass in a fridge for at least 2 hour. Your Badam Milk shake is ready.

                                     

Cremy, thick milkshake taste awesome when you add a spoon of ice cream on top of it.

 

Variation :  You can make it with variations.


1.      Custard powder :

Add 2 tbsp custard powder in ¼ cup of milk. Make a lumps   free slurry. Once your milk is at boiling point add this mixture slowly and stir it continuously till milk becomes thick. Put off the flame.

 

2.       Add ice cream:

Once your milk is ready you can garnish it with a scoop of ice-cream. 

Or

You can take this room temperature badam milk in a blending jar, add  vanilla flavor ice cream and blend it till smooth and fluffy. Lastly garnish with a scoop of ice –cream on top of it.

 

 

Who can drink this BadamMilkshake?

Off course this nutritious milk shake is beneficial to everyone including kids to an adult. It is highly nutritious to breastfeeding mommy and pregnant ladies. Only if anyone have almond allergy then do not have it. 

What are the benefits of this Badam Milk Shake?

# Badam / Almonds are rich in vitamin E and it is one of the important antioxidant.

# Vitamin E can lower the risk of serious health conditions like stroke, heart disease and even a cancer.

# Almond is a good source of magnesium. Magnesium is important for controlling blood sugar levels.

(Link : www.webmd.com)

Do you like milkshakes Moms? Have you enjoyed milkshakes with your kids ?


Disclaimer : I am not a professional or nutritionist. I am just a mom of three girl kids. I am sharing my experience. 

 

Everyone know this Badam Shake because it is readily available at roadside specially in India. Share your versions of milkshake recipes with me if you ever made it.

If you find this article useful please do share it with pregnant ladies and lactating moms.


'This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla.' ---



©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.

Comments

  1. Badam Shake is one of my favorite drinks, but I was not aware it was good for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Thanks for the recipe though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice reading tru ur journey of badam milk with pregnancy, definitely badam has alot of benefits and ur recipe sounds super amazing definitely im gonna wanna try it with ice cream 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Flavia and Mandipa for reading. Do try it you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Badam shake and it's a staple in our home. Use the same recipe as yours. Thanks for the variations though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very informative and useful Post I must say. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such a yummy recipe. Im definitely trying this sooner

    Sindhu

    ReplyDelete
  7. When my children were born, I was put on a diet of gond ladoos, nuts, etc. Like you, I am not much fond of mind. We avoid nuts at home or I would have surely tried your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madhu, I do have laddu too. But milk consumption is important so have to.

      Delete
  8. Glad that you brought up Shivratri. Ever since I read the title, I was thinking about 'Shardai'. Happy to explore other benefits of the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not Shivratri, it is Shatavari. Hope you are talking about the same. Because I don't get it what do you want to say🤔

      Delete
  9. I loved the recipe! Looks really yummy. Not just for breastfeeding mother's otherwise also this badam milkshake looks amazing. Will try it out this evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shail, this milkshake for everyone. Only breastfeeding or pregnant mom should add shatavari instead of sugar. Otherwise this is healthy for all. Do try and let me know.

      Delete
  10. It’sa tradition in our house to make badam milk during Diwali. This is the first I have heard it is good for pregnant women. It makes sense to give it to them because of the nutritious value of this drink. It’s great that you have highlighted this when writing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also earlier don't know. When I confirm with my gynac then only I drank it. Otherwise milk😐😐. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  11. I have heard great things about almond milkshake and not just for lactating mothers. Unfortunately, I am extremely allergic to almonds. I am sure your posts would be helpful for all the new mothers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very useful. My sister in law just gave birth so this is a great recipe for me to share with her

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorite shakes of all time. I make it quite often and have it when it is super chilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kavita, it taste yummm when it chilled.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha.... this is a wonreful reciepe, my childhood memories, I love to drink badaam milk shake, It's full of goodness and yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like milkshakes but I never tried Badam shake. I will try your method. It's super healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sure, you will love it. Prepare with custard powder.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to try this .this is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  19. Badam milk is indeed a healthy drink for all of us. Specially, I feel children should have them more to nourish their health and wellness. Liked your writing style and how you described the recipe step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is an energy. My Sister too had Badam Milkshake throughout her pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Nee lam for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This seems tasty 😋. I would recommend to my friend surely

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this shake did make me shake my taste buds. Thanks for such a delicious drink.

    ReplyDelete
  24. welcome back to blogging Neeta n congratulations on your motherhood journey for the 2nd time. Phew! Twins... must have been difficult. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Although I like badam milk I drink it very rarely since I believe milk is not healthy for humans. I have it just for my taste buds😃

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you Kaveri. Yes it is very difficult to handle twins.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your twins! I avoid milk due to an allergy and never had it as a pregnant or breastfeeding mother. Never had any issues thankfully!
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade