Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

REFLECTION 2023 AND GOALS FOR 2024

REFLECTION 2023 and Goals for 2024




The last two three years I have been doing reflection for the previous year and it does really help me to evolve as a person, mother, wife for my family. So let's reflect on how our 2023 was.


Family Gatherings 

2023 started with small family getaways which was refreshing for us. Because due to pregnancy and postpartum our two years were so hectic that we didn't have a chance to socialize. The year started with family gatherings and off course lots of fun.



Emotional changes

2023 was also an emotional turmoil for me. My father' s demise. He struggled a lot. Still he managed to make video calls and talked with me. He had all his favourite meals. He played with my twins too for a very short period of time but he did it. 😞 He enjoyed all the cricket match with his phone calls.

I admire his capabilities.




We struggled to keep him alive and he was struggling to end his life. It was more painful to see him. And finally in May he left us. 


I am still not recovering. But he is not with us.😞


With his demise I saw lots of emotions up and down with  every relationship. Learning new things, recognising the persons and accepting them the way they are without any judgements.


Life at a New Place : 

This year was a major change of place for us as a family. We had been at this place for almost 10 years. Life was all set here, but destiny has something new for us. 


WE MOVE 

To,

New places, to new surroundings, left our comfort zone behind and again struggled to fit in a new place. 

But to my surprise, the new place was more relaxed. Especially for Mr.Hubby,  for my daughter. And so for me too.


Changes are always good. Right?


My daughters were very happy. The eldest one loved her school. She took one week to adjust with the new school with amazing and cooperative friends. We saw how happy she was !

And all I want is happiness for her. So her birthday was special. The way she always asked me. It was the first time she had her choice of friends all from her age group and they all made blast !

Grateful to the universe for her happiness! 💗


Meals 

I tried very few new recipes especially for toddlers. And I love the way they gobbled it. Able to create healthy meal options for my toddlers and feed them variation. 



With toddlers I also succeed in meal planning and almost have fresh homemade foods.


Home Pooja and Toddlers birthday:




Though we shifted in August but we were able to do our new gruha puja in December. And my twin toddlers second birthday at home within us. 




We went through the tough period of shifting and adjusting to a new place and so new life. I and Mr. Hubby learnt to enjoy things the way they came up rather than stressing in negative things. 


Grateful to the universe for every blessing.


New Goal for the Year 2024 


Baking : 

This year I want to learn new food specially baking items. Aiming to have more homemade bake foods and less ordered food.


Gatherings:👭👬

Mr. Hubby and I decided to have more gathering at home. We love when people and friends visit us. Already there is a huge queue waiting and so we are , OUR HOME is now ready to welcome the guest. 


Date with friends : 👩‍❤️‍👩

It's been years since I met my girlfriends. So this year I will try to arrange the meet ups as much as possible. And have my personal friend's life too. I will be more proactive. Making more phone calls and meeting in person.


Reading: 📖📖

I have started reading already. This year I have to finish reading books on my book shelf. I deliberately avoid going to book fairs so that I can concentrate on what I have and finish that first. 


Moreover I read on Kindle too. I love that digital reading also. More reading with particular numbers.🤞

And I want to search library near my area too. Hope to find it. 


Exercise: 🧘🏃

Yes! I did my yoga for last year very well. So with a little bit of confidence this year I want to do Yoga and some running. 

Crossing 40 and so Health is my priority. The goal is to workout at least 4 times a week for 20 to 30 minutes. 


More playtime and Read Aloud with twins : 


My twins turn 2. And it is more challenging to teach them, to create activities for them, to keep them screen free, to connect with them and most importantly enjoy with them. 

Planning lots of simple activities and speech activities for them. Read more books with them and this year I will be creating some new books for them. 


Writing📝

I love writing but sometimes I lost my track and was demotivated. I want to write more on my blog. Last year I entered the fiction writing world and so this year I wanted to learn as much as possible about fiction writing. One of the goals to participate in most blog hops and blog challenges.

Check out my poems too here and here 


Travel : 🧳✈️

I think we are now able to travel with our tiny toddlers. Planning to travel more a small vacation and one long tour. 


Dating with Spouse/daughter:

Last year we did Saturday Movie Date which works wonderful for us. That is the only way we can spend time with each other. 😐 Planning to have more date nights and more family walks. 

We will plan more dates with my elder daughter so that we can spend special time with her. 


Apart from this my major goals are : 

Working towards my dreams. 

More self-care and self pampering.

Buying more new clothes. Trying new clothes styling.

Taking care of my mental health.

Slow down and prioritize things.

Maintain a simple living without scrolling

Complete my K drama watchlist 😛 (Entertainment is major things)

Having mindfulness in living life.

Love to my family more. 

Find joy in each day and love more life. 


Have you reflect on the year 2023 ? Have you set any goals?









©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade