9 Ways To Have Easy and Calm Shifting With Toddlers

 



I truly believe home is where the heart is. We can relax and rejuvenate ourselves in a home. So I am trying to keep high vibration. 

Home shifting is always difficult no matter if your family members are big, old or young. It is hectic and irritating. We have to pack our whole house and then unpack the same. Some people are very quick while some tend to reduce materialistic thing as much as possible and some are like me , ๐Ÿ˜„ taking EASY one step at a time, then no matter how many days it will take. 

A house you can get easily, shifting can be done but making that house in a home is the art of every homemaker. Isn't it ?


As soon as we announce that we are shifting to a new city, everyone is curious and constantly asking how will you manage with your twin toddler? And so Mr. Hubby was getting tense too. I patted on his shoulder and said, ho jayega. 


Though we are using packers service still we have to do lots of TO DO.  Because my funda is to go slowly and choose the easy way to achieve the goal. 

The most important TO DO: ๐Ÿ‘‡

Pay your electricity bill. Take pics of your light reading. It will save you from hassle.


Pay your milk bill, paper bill and internet bill. 


Make payment of your maids if you have on time. 


The most important clean your house after packing everything.


Make sure to clean bathroom and washroom and washbasin. Do not keep it dirty.


What was that easy way to have calm shifting? So that you can have peaceful morning on next day of shifting ๐Ÿ˜‰


1. Always pack at least 10 days clothes including your undergarments in your bag pack. Or else pack your family's 8 days minimum clothes in one bag. Make sure packers should not pack this bag in any box. 


This way you have clean clothes for at least a week. Until you unpack your boxes.


2. Pack separately your bedsheet, blankets and towels in another backpack. Clean towels and bedsheets are mandatory for me. Because we wants to sleep on clean beds. It should be in cartoon which is easier to found. Label it as bedsheets and quilts.


3. Keep basic toiletries in handbags like toothpaste, toothbrush, facewash, body wash, small pouches of surf Excel, moisturizer and small deodorant. 


4. The most important things are gas lighter, rolling pin, tawa, chimta, knives, and a bunch of spoons, 2,3 glass and cups. Pack it separately.


5. The rest of the utensils should be packed in a box with a label. So that you can have  a basic dinner set will save your time. Don't forget to pack masala dabbas and dal in this same box. 


6. Now comes electronic items. All your remotes, like TV remote, speaker remote, AC remote should pack in one place. Don t forget to pack chargers of all cell phones, tabs and laptops in one place. It should be properly labelled. 


7. If you have a baby or toddler, pack clothes, water bottles or sippy cups, diapers and medicine at one place. It should be with you.


8. Don't forget to pack your important documents, jewellery if you have anything at home and cash in your bag pack. 

Keep your letters handy for smooth entry in your new location.



9. Ask help :

Yes, this is most important. Ask your friends and family to arrange meals for at least two days. specially if you have a small baby, kids or old age parents. Don't get into formalities. Ask upfront your real friends will be happy to help you.


This is my 4th shifting and so I am very well experienced about what to pack and how to pack.๐Ÿ˜„  Every time I learnt new things and it is really making a good impact on my mind. To be calm and taking it EASY.


Unpacking will be done as per my schedule and whenever I have time at least 2,3 hours so that I can arrange one spot like wardrobes or kitchen or living room. Yes, I am not in  a hurry to unpack Everything and get arranged in a two days. Then you will fall sick and I don't want that. Better way I keep all boxes at one place and unpack easily and slowly. 


What are your tips you want to share about shifting?


This post was created for the Blogaberry Creative (Monthly) Challenge.


This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla.




  ©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.


 


31 comments:

  1. All suggestions are so very important for parents with a toddler. I am sure it will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shifting is a real hectic one and just like you I too had 4 shifting. There is a difference between outstation shifting and within city shifting. You tips are perfect for outstation shifting but within city shifting is not that complicated untill and unless you have too many things for shifting. For me its most important to look for the right movers and packers and affordable price. Do that well in time and shifting will be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've broken down the packing process so systematically. Your calm and collected approach to shifting is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the easy ways you have adopted while shifting houses. I am sure it's not easy with a toddler. First you have so much of home stuff, then a child to manage. Best to keep some things handy like a handbag, food, toileteries, electronics etc. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. House shifting is such a hectic process I know when we shifted from the previous city to the current city we are living in right now. It took months of arrangements and discussions and ticking off the checklist. Thanks for writing this post it will act as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shifting journey and tips resonate so well! Your approach of taking things "EASY" is admirable. Sharing your well-learned wisdom on smoothly transitioning homes is a great support for others. Your organized packing strategies and thoughtful reminders showcase your experience. Thanks for sharing the art of making a house a home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moni, you always encourage me. Thank you for these precious words ๐Ÿ’

      Delete
  7. Shifting with a toddler I was actually wondering how can that be easy, very informative and useful ways worth a share with many new moms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with your tips. We used to shift houses a lot when my kids were younger and it would take at least a month for our truck with the luggage to reach. Being organized is extremely important.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hateeeeee shifting Neeta... I have had some nightmare experiences while shifting so even the thought makes me scared n anxious. But the way u went about it is cool... u planned everything and it's really nice of u to have written a blog on it. We forget a lot of small things while focusing on the big ones... so what uv written is helpful... kaveri.

    ReplyDelete
  10. House shifting is such a hectic process I know when I shifted from the previous homes to the current home and I shifted a quite a few times due to my work location. It took months of arrangements and discussions and ticking off the checklist. Next month I am going to shift again. Thanks for writing this post it will act as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shifting with toddlers can be quite a daunting prospect, so stumbling upon this article is a real relief! As a parent, I know how tricky it can be to manage the process while keeping things calm for the little ones. It's comforting to know that there are ways to navigate this transition with less stress and more ease. This post is sure lifesaver for toddler's moms.Thanks for sharing these practical insights!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You spoke my mind. We are just too afraid to shift houses due to kid at home and to add to it a pet too. Shifting is as is very hectic and with children becomes too tiresome. Great tips on keeping and a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Neeta !
    I was born in a family where my father got transferred every few years, so moving houses and packing came almost naturally to us. The labelling of the boxes was a great help, this not only saves time but also helps in prioritizing which boxes to keep where and which to unpack first. I usually used a lot of my bedsheets to help cushion glassware and fragile items.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a useful Post! I wish I had this when we shifted with our three year old. Shifting can be so taxing mentally and physically!

    ReplyDelete
  15. kids and shifting are a great task. but your tips would work very apt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen a post dedicated to home shifting. This is much helpful. I have many friends and relatives who have struggled during home shifting. Next time I can share your post so that they can be prepared

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your post took me back to the time when we were kids, shifting houses every couple of years. Mom had this system that worked like clockwork.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your practical solutions and easy to follow checklists will come handy during my own house shifting. I am always scared of under packing and forgetting to take essentials, this post is perfect for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a list of amazing ideas. I recently shifted but without toddlers, yet it was a back-breaking job for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you everyone for reading and putting your wonderful words. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am given the task to strategize and plan every time we shift. I have not come across a blog related to house shifting. This is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved how you made moving houses seem so simple. Doing it with a toddler must be quite a challenge. You've got all the home stuff to deal with, plus taking care of your child. Keeping essentials like a bag, food, toiletries, and electronics within reach sounds like a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Having a baby isn't for everybody. The change it would bring you is really more than 360 degree and could drain you not only emotionally and physically but also financially if you don't know how to manage things. This article would be a great help for those looking for ways to slowly prepare themselves for the change of a lifetime they're about to embark - MommyWithAGoal

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very useful tips indeed! I don't have much experience of shifting but will keep in mind for future.
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

Is it True

They said, You are just  One call away, One text away, From your loved one, Is it true? They said,  Share your happiness  Share your down ti...