Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

Easy 3 Festival Sweet And Spicy Menu For Busy Toddler moms

Happy Wednesday,


Sweet and spice is mandatory part of our Indian meal. Without sweet dish any festival meal is incomplete. To balance the sweetness you have to have spice in a thali. Festivals have already started and the remaining 4 months are filled with many festivals. Each festival has different kinds of food and I am grateful to be able to follow food rituals.  

PS : Pinterest 


We mom always wanted to feed our family homemade delicious food specially at the festival. But with a whining toddler it is very difficult. First to keep our mood happy and second to keep our motivation to cook delicious food. I know, it is difficult and we ended up bringing outside food. Because today we easily get festival food from the food centre. But nothing tastes better than homemade food. Agree? 



Cooking for my family is something I love. I always love to feed simple, yet healthy and homemade meals. Currently, I am going through the toddler phase and the elder one is a foodie.  I don't want to compromise on her food intake. Though she has a limited favourite food, I always wanted to cook for her and love the way she gobbled it and then slept for hours 😂 


Don't forget to check : 

Indian Weekly Breakfast 

Baby/kids approved Indian Breakfast 


Being a twin toddler mom and sticking to calm 😄( trying ) my intention to make some simple festival recipes which can be cooked in 30 minutes (subject to conditions you have some small prep work 😜). The festive month has already started so don't be sad and enjoy this easy peasy menu. Do not get tempted to make tons of item. Stick to the basic.


Sharing what I used to make for a festival for my family - twin toddlers, one 10 year old and 2 adults. This easy menu consists of sweet and spicy food items which are balanced meals. 


Without a further ado, let's start. 


1. Seviya kheer + dry aloo sabji + Puri + papad + achar + salad 


This is my go to meal, easy to prepare and not time consuming. I have boiled potatoes in my fridge for every week as a part of meal prep .  I do not use any onions for this curry. Giving tadka with combination of  jeera, hing, whole red chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, kitchen King masala and salt with diced boiled potato. Fry till it gets crispy and garnish with sesame seeds and kasoori methi. Dry Aloo is ready.


Shevaii kheer is one of our family favourites. Roast shevaii in ghee. Boil milk on another pan. Add roasted shevaii and boil till it becomes thick. Then add sugar, dry fruits and cardomom powder. Yummy kheer is ready in 15 minutes.


Fry some puri. If the dough is already ready then it will take only 15 minutes to make poori. 


Your thali is ready. Serve with some salad. Here I use cucumber and carrot slices with some fried papad and mango pickles.  My toddlers eat salad, kheer and poori.


2. The second Thali: 

Semolina kheer + chana masala + poori + yellow rice + achar + lachcha onion with lemon + papad.


The Kheer recipe is the same as the sevai recipe. Roast semolina till it gets brown colour. Add custard powder to this kheer. It takes this simple kheer on a high level. Try it once, you will love it.


I made different versions of chana masala depending on time and mood.

Sometimes malvani chana masala where I use grinded coconut and onion masala. Will share this recipe very soon.


Sometimes dry chana masala without onion and tomato. Frying boiled chana with a variety of powder masale. Garnish with chopped coriander.


Some time I made choley masla with onion tomato gravy. The basic Punjabi chole masala keeps it as simple as possible.


Yellow rice is again simple. Giving tadka in ghee with hing, jeera, curry leaves and turmeric, followed by wash rice with salt. I made it in the cooker with one whistle. 

Your second Thali is ready. Serve it with lachcha onion and lemon. Taste awesome 😎

You will love to read : 

Eggs simple recipe 

French cheese toast Sandwich 


The third menu is the typical Maharashtrian Menu :


Dal + Rice + Potato green curry + poori + shrikhand + kurdai ( papad type)


You can cook dal rice in a pressure cooker. Sometimes I did not give any tadka. Whisk dal and add salt. Serve it on a rice with dalloop of ghee. Yumm,🤩


Maharashtrian potato curry is famous and simple which is used in Vada paav. No onion no tomato only using crushed garlic and green chilli. Garnish with crushed peenut and fistful coriander. 


Shrikhand is store bought and poori. Yumm.

Maharashtrian easy thali prepare in 30 minutes only. You can make dal and rice in pressure cooker and at the same time boil potatoes too. It saves your time and gas. The main tempting items of this thali is Shrikhand and kuradai. I love to eat only shreekhand poori. 


These are easy peasy recipe. Almost every Indian mom know it. My tip is always choose menu simple and your family favourite. So you will not feel any guilt that you unable to cook. Try this simple sweet and spicy menu. Share your also. 


I like sweet one most of the time. My favourite is kheer poori and Shrikhand poori. 

What is your favourite dish ? Do you like Sweet or Spicy? 


This post was created for the Blogaberry Creative (Monthly) Challenge.




©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.

Comments

  1. You shared so many recipes. Pictures look so yummy, specially the puris. I had get some made and consume. Never tasted Srikhand ever. Must try out some time. I can empathise with mothers with small kids who still cook so many items. Not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly like to see your malwavi chana masala, that's something new for me. I have not tasted Kurdai as well, so going to do more reseacrh on that. We make yellow rice regularly at home, so that's on on all the days one doesn't feel like cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Ambica I will post it soon Malavani Chana masala. Kurdai you can get it on Amazon too.

      Delete
  3. SO many recipes in one post, wow. I am not a good cook but this is so good to read, refreshing and it made me hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing combo, sweet and spicy I enjoyed reading the recipe n my mouth was already watering when I saw the picture 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kya bat ha... a handful of recipes you shared in this post and that too variation of both sweet and spicy. Just loved this post dear. Thank you so much to add the needed spice and sweetness in our hearts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these easy dishes you have given for busy moms ofcourse. Ill definitely try to make them especially for festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have shared some really delicious combinations. I would love to try them out. We need to be careful with spicy food with small children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those combos sound equally tempting for grown ups too. I have never tried Malvani chana masala and would love to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is our staple masala. I will share this recipe

      Delete
  9. I like it spicy but I like it when it has the tingling mix of sweet and spicy. Trying these recipes for my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade