Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

My twins turns one



It was weekend. We were very very happy and in a relaxed mood. After all I was not in a stress of arranging the first birthday party of my twins. We both are decided to have a relaxed, short and sweet birthday.

Decided to have Yakani Pulav for lunch and my twin have their favorite carrot tomato upma for a lunch. ( including some tender chicken pieces as a side dish) 



Able to feed, bath them on a time. Generally they slept around 12:30 to 2 pm. But today is Sunday and they were playing with Dad 😍


Side by side we decorate home in a simple manner. Friday night I painted this small card and calligraphy done by Mr. Hubby. 



Then cut out some stars and put the numbers. Print out the pictures of my twins of every month and tadaa our CLOCK is ready.



Both twins loved it. They were banging hands on this wall and constantly looking at the picture and gaggles. Their smiles melts my heart. Love love the way they both are recognize themselves in the picture. And my little one calling us and telling by showing her picture ....AAA eee, hhhaaa, bbaaaa, aakkaaa  the cute giggled word. 😘



Then photoshoot in the afternoon in causal way. Yeaa, I tried because I know at party time we will be not able to take a family pic. But in this relaxed afternoon too we were unable to took picture😂😁 

Still managed to store memories.



I called our babysitter Nanny and our cook. Always greatful to both of them for being our family. Love us like a family. 





Some picture dumps. This is special COCOMELON cake😍



Cake cutting on their special seat.


And yes, this year Mr.Hubby celebrate my motherhood by cutting a cake. It was surprised for me and yes I love it!😍


Birthday was on 11 Dec 2022 Haapppy Birthday my twins. We feel blessed that God choose us as your parents. 

Love you both and have a healthy life. ,😀😍



Breaking all rituals, we did what we like to and wanted to do.  We decided not to involve any one. Wanted to keep it simple. So there was nanny (was in early months of my babies) And she loved them like her grandchildren.

Indian people had a tradition to have a big birthday bash. I am always against this. I don't like to waste such big amount of money. Instead we can have it at home with minimum number of people. 

Off course if you have a big family and big amount of money after paying a huge hospital bills, Namakaran vidhi then you can have a big birthday bash too. 


I believe to have such big birthday when kids actually understand what is the birthday? They actually excited for the joy. Then you should spend a money, arrange kid friendly birthday party (and have fun with your kid and not with the elder one)😉

Do check out :

Saee turns 8

A letter from a dad for Saee's 9th birthday.

Saee turns 9 

This is purely my opinion. I guess many parents have same opinion 😊 But no one is dare to break the rituals. 

Many of Indian parents take loan 😁for these arrangement😐 

Just because of LOG KYA KAHENGE?

Apart from this I don't like to have crying and irritating baby. With loud music, guest, new clothes and with chaoes our baby gets irritated. This is my personal opinion and I believe to have boundaries. 


What do you think ? Do you believe in breaking society norms for our children? 



©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.

Comments

  1. I loved how even with minimalism you made this day for twins good. Beautiful pictures, lovely memories. Belated happy birthday to the twins from my end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of All happy birthday belated to the lovely twins. May god bless you with all happiness in life. Secondly dear Neeta and Mr. Dad congratulations to you too as it was a new birth for both of you when these angels were born a year back. My best wishes to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best way to celebrate kids' birthday at this age. They enjoy and love the experience. A very Happy Birthday to both the kiddos. And log kya kahenge to chhod hi do. Their smiles are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful memory of the twins. Im sure they'll love to read tru when they grow, how their 1st birthday was so exciting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your twins!!! Loving all the photos! There's no doubt that you feel that time flies when you witness a child growing. It's only through these kind of memories that we'll be able to cherish more of each milestone. - MommyWithAGoal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your twins are growing up so adorable. God bless their little hearts. Children this young can get overwhelmed by big parties. This is the best way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The twins look so cute and a lovely way to celebrate their first birthday with just close family. I totally agree with you that extravagant celebration is mostly for a show for the society rather than actually enjoying with your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to celebrate their first birthday. With people who have been there. The twins are such cuties and so is your older daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your lucky twins, Neeta. I agree with you..birthdays should be simple when they dont even understand anything. My son's first was just a home affair.And mind you he was the first child in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to the cuties! They are adorable! And I love the decor 😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked how, despite your minimalist approach, you made this day for twins enjoyable. Adorable photos, wonderful memories. Belated happy birthday to the twins.
    -Anjali

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy birthday to the lovely twins. May god bless you with all happiness in life. Great photos, amazing memories and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade