Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

BLW RECIPE: VEGETABLE CHILLA 8 MONTH+

Chilla / Pancake we usually have for breakfast. It is protein packed and for me easy peasy can be prepared in 10 minutes.




I am sharing baby friendly chilla / pancake recipes. First you make it for the baby and then add spices accordingly for the adults portion. 😉 smart work. Always sit as a family to eat the same food. 


This recipe may not be new to you all. But feeding to your baby might be new to some moms. Believe me your baby will love it. It is tasty and non messy ,😜. If you want your kids should explore with food try such non messy food which are full of nutrients. 


Without further ado, let's jump into the recipe.



Vegetable Chilla ( 8 months + )

Ingredients :

1 cup besan

2 tbsp grated carrot 

1 tbsp onion finely chopped

2 tbsp grated beetroot

1 tbsp chopped tomato

1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves

Salt as per taste (skip if baby is below 12 months)

Black pepper powder 1/8 tsp

Jeera powder: 1/8 tsp

Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp

Kitchen King masala : 1/4 tsp

Water to make a slurry as per requirement


Direction:

- To begin, Mix all ingredients in besan. 

- Add slowly water and make slurry.

- Heat a skillet and apply some ghee.

- Pour 1 spoon of batter and spread a little bit.

- Make a small size pancake and drizzle a little bit of ghee from the side 

- Cover it for a minutes

- Then flip it and toast until it becomes crispy.


Your vegetable loaded chilla is ready to serve. Cut it into long strips and serve it as finger food. 



You may like to read easy and realistic BLW recipe: 

9 to 12 months baby food chart 

Tomato Cheese Omlette

Palak Chilla

Kids/baby approved breakfast ideas 



Which vegetable do you prefer to have in your and baby breakfast? 



This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla in collaboration with Dr. Preeti Chauhan





©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.



Comments

  1. Chillas were never my favorite so I never tried it for my baby. I noticed you added kitchen king masala...do we add these spices in foods for kids that small? But we could skip that too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic recipe idea! The baby-friendly vegetable chilla is not only nutritious but also a clever way to make meals enjoyable for both little ones and adults. The step-by-step instructions make it easy for moms to introduce this tasty and mess-free dish to their babies. Family meals just got more delightful with your creative and healthy recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veg chillas as our fave too at home. We make them in millet flours now, minus the Kitchen King masalas. They are so healthy, filling and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neeta this is a simple, healthy and yummy recipe that you shared today. Thankfully these days 1.5 year old is showing interest in having Chilla. This is an ideal recipe not just for the kids but for people of any age especially during the winter months. Will definitely share this recipe with my Mommy friends as many times they are also confused what to make for the baby and family in breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. besan chilla okay I thought it was made of green gram from the colour. Nutritious and tasty food combinations are always the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unable to have pictures. That one is palak Chilla.

      Delete
  6. your Vegetable Chilla recipe for 8-month+ babies is fantastic! It's nutritious, easy to prepare, and I am sure in future it will come handy to me Your clear instructions made it a breeze. Thanks for sharing this wholesome meal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We prepare chillas more or less the same way but without beetroot. It seems perfect for babies. I agree with the non messy bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to make chillas a lot when my children were younger. Children love eating food by themselves and chillas are perfect. You can also experiment with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neeta I really admire you for trying to feed new things to your babies. You are always on the go n a hands on mommy even though u have to take care of the house and 3 +1(your husband🤭) kids and yourself.

    I like chillas but in our hometown we make it with atta n not besan. I always tell myself that I will make with besan but somehow I keep putting it off. Now that uv shared a nice recipe, next time I will surely try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha 🤣🤣 I have too. Atta one nobody eat at my home.

      Delete
  10. Chilla is all all-time favorite at my place, but I have never added beetroot, will surely gonna try this.This vegetable chilla recipe is a lifesaver for moms navigating the world of baby-led weaning. I am gonna share with new m9ms in my neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neeta I love the amazing recipes you come up with to increase your kids interest to try different tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a 1.5 years nephew in my home. Thanks for the recipe, I will forward this to my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed, the vegetable-loaded chilla is not just a nutritious meal but also a creative and tasty way to introduce babies to a variety of vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice recipe... Thanks for sharing.
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade