Wednesday 28 August 2024

WHAT DOES SELF LOVE MEANS TO ME


After becoming a mother, I realised the value of SELF-LOVE. Otherwise, my world is my family. But this so-called family keeps changing their colours as time flies. And  I am constantly seeking answers to many questions. Why? What? And how? 

Till date, I am still waiting for an answer. So I stopped searching and concentrated on "My Life "


And here, my SELF-LOVE journey has started. Once you become a mother, your whole world revolves around your kids. Our kids are constantly watching us, and I don't need to pretend to be happy for them. In fact, I learned how to be happy in real terms. 

What does self love means to me
PS: Unsplash



WHAT IS SELF LOVE? 

According to the dictionary, self-love means nurturing your mind, body, and soul. Looking in the mirror and feeling you are beautiful, you are worthy. 

Each word of the dictionary meaning is true. I never find myself so worthy. I feel the need to take care of my mind when my mind is filled with unnecessary garbage. 

I transformed myself through this self-love.


WHY SELF LOVE IS IMPORTANT?

Honestly speaking, self-love is important to cure yourself. It does help to reduce stress and anxiety. Self love not only provides positive outcomes for ourselves but also helps us to build self esteem. 


As a woman, we are always in a dilemma about being perfect. We want to be a perfect wife, daughter, and mother. These put lots of stress on the mind and body too. Here, you are required to identify what your priority is. It is you. When you prioritize yourself, then the label or validation from others doesn't matter. 


DOES SELF-LOVE MEAN BEING SELFISH? 

If it is helping you nurture your mind, body, and soul, then let it be selfish. Being selfish is not a harmful thing. I think when we value people less and give respect to ourselves, people are bound to think of us as selfish. And it is an added advantage for us. 

Right?


HOW DO I PRACTICE SELF-LOVE?

Self-love is purely taking care of yourself, your soul, and your body. Until you feel like taking care of yourself, you will not start to practice it. And I think once in your life, a time comes that tells you to stop and love yourself. Value yourself. 


The easy things that I love to do to nurture my mind, soul, and body are as follows: 


1. ACCEPTANCE: 

I took lots of time to reach this acceptance stage. Whatever you do for people around you, they are going to judge you or treat you according to their behavioral traits. So without stressing too much, accept them the way they are. Accept what they think about you. Accept why they didn't turn out the way you wanted. 

It makes life easy. It makes our minds stress free. 


2. SETTING BOUNDARIES: 

It is okay if you don't want to involve some people in your life. Just for the sake of society, or log kya kahenge, don't do things that your heart is not allowing. 

Setting boundaries and saying no are the most important but difficult things to do. I drew my boundaries and said NO many times. Yes, I have been judging, but I am clear with my boundaries. It makes my circle small, but I am at peace.


3. AVOIDING NEGATIVE PEOPLE :

I am afraid to make new friends due to some negative experiences, and I can feel the negative vibes of the people too. So being alone is okay, despite having negative people around you. Just saying hi and hello, maintaining social bonds, and avoiding such negative people make my life easy.  It applies to social media too. Just keep such people on mute, hide, or if you really hate them, just block them.ЁЯШС(These are mostly annoying relatives and friends). These people not only hamper our happiness but also prove that "BURI NAJAR" is real.


4. BEING CREATIVE: 


When I prioritize myself, I find my creativity. I do read, write, draw, crochet, paint, and become a social media creator too. ЁЯШБ

I love to write because it keeps me stress free. I love being in my world. Writing shifts me from the present situation and lifts my mood. 

Whenever my brain started overthinking, I switched to reading. Books are my best friends. I love to read blogs, books, and my new obsession, Kindle books. I feel happy when I read.

Drawing is meditation for me. But currently, due to my twin toddlers being unable to draw or paint,  Painting works like therapy for me.

Overall creativity helps you to upgrade yourself as a human being.


5. LET PEOPLE GO : 

Many times, we don't understand why some people are not in our lives. The people who matter so much for us but they keep eloping away from you.  I remembered the quote: Some people come into your life for a reason, and some for a season. 

Let them go. Believe me , when someone wants to be with you, he or she will always be with you. But if they want to go, just let them go. Sometimes it is difficult, but with time, it becomes easy. 


6. SELF CARE :

Being a mom, it is difficult to have time for self-care. But still, I do basic self-care and try to practice it every day. Taking a bath, applying body lotion, combing a hair, applying body spray or perfume, and wearing comfy but nice clothes at home are mandatory. I tried to follow these most of the time. Then only I can feel happy and confident. 


7. MOVING OUR BODY : 

Movement of the body is necessary when you are a mom. Doing a workout or yoga is not possible when your kids are climbing on you ЁЯШБ, so I switched to the dance. Twinn toddlers too enjoyed dancing with Mummy, and so we can have our family dance once or twice a day. 

Dance increases your heartbeat. Movement makes you fresh and makes your body feel energetic. 



WHAT DO I GAIN FROM SELF-LOVE ?

Happy mind, stress-free soul, and breathing body. Keeping my stress at bay and minding myself is my new mantra. Through self-love, I started to see a new version of myself, which is happy and content. 


WRAP UP : 

Above points are through a mommy lense. Every stay at home mom has gone through this stage where she find herself looser with low self esteem. Negtive thoughts are on her mind always. To value herself she has to love herself. She has to love her body and soul. 

According to me SELF-LOVE  is not a destination it is ongoing journey with yourself. Start your self love journey and embrace all your weakness and have a happy life. 



This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon’ 


-----------------------------------

Let's connect ☺️ 

Memory Flies on Social Media 

Instagram 

Facebook 

----------------------------------------------------





















4 comments:

  1. We do have a habit of neglecting ourselves and then burning out! Truth is we need to be energised to spread the energy and remain positive. Self love is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loved this line: So I stopped searching and concentrated on "My Life" It made so much sense! Setting firm boundaries is the best form of self love in my opinion. Kudos to you for transforming your life through these methods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw the world through your mommy perspective there for a minute.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

SIYA TALE - STORY TIME

рд╕िрдпा рд▓ा рдкुрд╕्рддрдХे рдЦुрдк рдЖрд╡рдбрддाрдд. рдоाрдЭ्рдпा рдЬुрд│्рдпा рдоुрд▓ी рдЪाрд░ рдорд╣िрди्рдпांрдЪ्рдпा рдЕрд╕рд▓्рдпाрдкाрд╕ूрди рдоी рдкुрд╕्рддрдХं рд╡ाрдЪрддे. Read aloud. рджोрдШींрдиा рдЦुрдк рдЖрд╡рдбрддाрдд рдд्рдпाрддрд▓ी рд░ंрдЧीрдмेрд░...