Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024


How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time.

Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other. 

This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it. 

But, 

In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully. 


A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I managed to cook as much as possible. So that swiggy and Zomato expense will come down. 😁 


Anyways, it is possible to cook a variety of healthy food for the family though I am the solo person handling everything. The answer is "Yes" !  Motherhood's hidden talent which we all mothers have. 😎


Last year I shared healthy kids approved an easy breakfast which we actually have for a week. This year I wanted to share a simple and healthy dinner for a week - what we actually eat. We generally eat same kind of meal for the month with little bit of mix and match using shortcuts and meal prep. Goal is to incorporate seasonal vegetables in the diet. 


It may inspire you to make a healthy meal at home for a family. Comment down your family meal ideas it will helpful for me. 

I am Maharashtrian. Every culture has its own rituals and food eating habits. I wanted to transfer the same good eating habits which we had in our childhood to our kids. I am trying to keep it very simple according to everyone's liking so that making a yummy meal will not feel like a daunting task. 


HEALTHY DINNER FOR A WEEK : MARCH 2024



No professional photography, bear that 😇

MONDAY : SIMPLE DAL RICE 

Monday is the most difficult day for me. To make it  easy I have a simple meal. We are non vegetarian but eat non veg food only on somedays of the week and not everyday. Sunday was filled with a heavy meal so I prefer to have a simple meal on Monday.  We had Dal, Rice, bhendi and roti. We are Maharashtrian, so rice is mandatory.


Toddlers ate the same dal without tadka with  1 spoon of ghee and rice. 




TUESDAY : SIMPLE FRIED RICE SOYBEAN MASALA 


With toddler tantrums and endless play time I hardly have time to cook elaborate meals. I blessed to have understanding Hubby and daughter who ate whatever I managed to prepare 😇 My attempt to give healthy and nutritious meal as much as possible and not repeated things. 


We had this simple fried rice and soybean gravy. With lots of papad too. But I forgot to take pictures of the papad.


This simple fried rice did not have any veggies because both Mr. Hubby and daughter picked up vegetables and removed it from the plate. So I tried not to add vegetables and keep it simple. With minimum tadka of Mustards, Jeera, onion and basic dry masala.

Whenever I made masala paste for any non veg dish I made it a little bit extra so that  I can prepare at least two three meals from that. Soyabean gravy is one of those masala. The meal took only 30 minutes to prepare. 


Toddler ate daliya upma. 




WEDNESDAY : FISH CURRY 

Fish curry takes only 20 minutes to prepare.  My family loves sea food. And we can eat at any time of the week whenever we carve for that. A simple fish curry with rice is heaven. 


The toddler ate a fish piece with a little bit of curry and rice.



THURSDAY : PITHALE & BHAKARI 

After eating fish on Wednesday we wanted to have a simple dinner. So I made authentic traditional dishes like pithale and bhakri. It tastes awesome with onion and green chilli.


Pithale is a traditional dish of Maharashtra. Pithale taste awesome with bhakari only. Bhakri is made from jowar and bajra flour.


Toddler ate : Chapati with shreekhand.




FRIDAY : AMATI, JEERA RICE, METHI, ROTI, PAPAD and PICKLE 

Because it's Friday and we were in relaxed mode. So able to make elaborate meal. I am trying to make this kind of whole meal once a week. Methichi bhaji is my favourite and papad are kids favourites. Dinner was amti which was made from sprouts, green leafy vegetables was methi, rice and chapati. 


The toddler ate ghee rice and many papads.


I hope you all liked my simple yet healthy dinner and got inspired to have fresh home cooked meals. Many people ask me how I managed to cook and do everything. Here is my trick to have simple meal - not time consuming because I have my twin toddler who are constantly revolving around me in every 15 minutes 😇


Top 10 recipes of the year 2023

Festival Easy Menu for busy moms

Easy way to have eggs in your breakfast 

Important points : 

We never count calories from our meal. We didn't have that habit. 

We both are healthy and not on any weight loss mission.

Wanted to  follow traditional eating habits which we had in our childhood and indulge everything mindfully. 

Followed these so that our children should eat everything without counting any calories. My motto is children should learn to enjoy the food. 



Question of the day

What is your favourite meal options? Do you repeat the same meal or cook different. 

We basically have same like dal, rice or amti but side dish keep on changing, trying to make varieties of dal and amti. I don't like to eat same kind of food and not feeding to the family too. 

--------------------------------

Follow Memory Flies on Social Media


Instagram 

Facebook 




---------------------------



©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade