Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

Valentine Activities


It’s been a long time I haven’t post any kid’s activity. Activity is the most important part which ensures the child interest towards the study. I do not like to force my child to study at home after a long day of school.  Instead of that we spend our time in activity. Child can learn easily through the activities instead of forcing him to read twice or thrice time. I saw many parents ask  LKG, UKG children to learn each and every spelling which is practically not possible. I am giving you some of the idea how the small activity helps the child to read and learn the words.

To all my viewers Marathi Bhasha Dinachya Hardik shubhechya.


February is the Valentine month. It is important to clear the concept to your child of every occasion. I am here sharing our valentine activities which we enjoy throughout the whole month. I used to do various activities according to the various days. Child come to know which are these day? Why these days are celebrated? What is the importance? Etc. Actually I do not believe to follow particular Day’s, but yes I like to have happiness by celebrating these days with my family.  These small days celebration gives you a lot of joy and happiness in your busy routine schedule, yes or No? Comment down please. 

Today I am sharing 6 activities for the age group of 3 to 5 years. I always try to make the activities as simple as possible according to my daughter’s interest. Most important part for me she should enjoy doing all this.

1.       Craft: I love to take stamp of her hand since she was baby. Last year we prepared a Valentine Card for her father by using her hand stamp. I do this stamping almost every year.


This year we made tiny butterfly. My daughter do this by herself, I am only the guiding one. First we trace the hands image and then using ear buds we paint these small dots. I drew heart shape and then she cut it and pastes it on cardboard and made butterfly body. Then I gave a final finishing touch.


This activity improves the child’s imagination power.

2.       Simple chain of hearts: She is still not able to cut perfectly along the line so she asked me to have more heart shape. I drew small size heart shape on this scarp papers and then she cut and paste it on a big heart along the line.


This improves the concentration power as she has to paste it along the line.

3.       Cup Cake Word matching:  We are having now 4 letter words. I never ask her to learn the words by saying 5 times or 10 times 😊.  I used to give her lot of activities with each word. These are simple 4 letter word which I wrote on heart shaped paper and on this big cupcake also. She needs to cut out the word with that heart shaped, have to find out on cup-cake and paste it on a right word. She also coloured the cupcake.


4.       Read, Find and Paste:  These are some 5 letter word which I wrote on her notebook. There are some used craft paper cut out on which I drew heart shaped and write the same word. Then she cut the heart shaped word.



She has to read each word from the book and find out the same word from collage and stick on this cardboard.



Ignore the shape of this big heart as it was drawn by my daughter. I know I can make it perfect but instead of that I always love to see the happiness in her eyes that she did it by herself. Perfection does not matter for me but yes happiness matter a lot.




The both activity improve the eye coordination skills of child. Finding the correct word from such collage and paste it, not only improves eye coordination but also boost the child’s memory.


Then we count how many red heart, yellow hearts, blue heart and write below. Again I asked her to read herself and write the number. This will give the question reading habits.



5.       Rhyming word search: This is the simple activity in which I drew the first image with name and wrote the word in heart shaped in which she has to find out the matching pair by reading each name and colour the matching heart.

6.       Colour by instruction: this is one of the simplest activity in which she have to see carefully, read the colour name and find out the shapes in heart and follows the instruction.



This is how we celebrate the whole month by doing lot of educational activity.



Yesterday was Marathi Bhasha Divas. She had a big celebration at her school. We did some Marathi Balgeet reading and Marathi stories too. Currently I am introducing some Marathi and Hindi alphabets to her. I will post that activity very soon.




Hope you like the post. Do share this post to all mommies to whom it might be helpful. Activities improve your mother child bond as we tend to spend more time with our kids and keep them away from mobile and T.V.



Check out my other post under the kids educational activity tab.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade