Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

How to make Sabudana Vada




Good food is equals to good mood. 

I always want to start our family weekend in a helathy way. It is relaxing and we generally get up late. So most of the time breakfast is special. Because it is family time and everyone is present for the first meal. 


Sabudana wada is nothing but the dumpling made up of the mixture of sago, potato and penaut with some spices. In India it is mostly consider as the Fast meal. 


It is one of famous street food and traditional fasting dish of Maharashtra. Every person in Maharashtrian family like this dish. Basically it is fritters and taste yummy when served with coconut chutney or curd accompained hot ginger tea.😋


I never keep any fast nor my hubby have it.😉 But this is one of my favorite food. I can have it in breakfast or lunch or in dinner too.


Anything traditional and yummy takes a time to prepare. My key to have yummy homemade food is the meal preparation. I always planned my meal and now with my busy twin baby schedule it is must to have meal plans. Otherwise we ended up in spending money 😐


So what are the Pre-preparation :

1. Soak sabudana at night. Wash it through with normal tap water. And fill it only up to it soak sabudana. It is trick. Make sure water should not come over to the sabudana. The level of water should be soaking the sabudana.


2. Boil potatoes and cool it and keep in fridge. Do not over boil them. Just 3 whistle are enough for my cooker. 


3. Roast peanut and remove skin and grind it in mixi jar to make a powder.



4. Grate coconut, peel garlic , wash green chilli and keep ready in a fridge for chutney. 


5. If you love to eat with curd then prepare that also. Add 1 tsp curd to 200 ml lukewarm milk and cover it. Keep that at warm place. Next morning you will have homemade thick curd too.


Now you are ready for the next day. Because most of the work has been done.👍🏻In the morning prepare first chutney and then fry sabudana wada.


How to make sabudana vada ?


Ingredients

Sabudana 1 cup

Potatoes 2 large

Peanut powder 1/2 cup

Ginger 1/2 inch

Green Chillies as per taste

Salt as per taste

Coriander 1/4 cup.








Direction

1. Pressure cook potato for 3 whistle or boil in a pan and mash them.

2. Dry roast peanut and crushed them in a powder.

3. Now mix everything mashed potato, crushed peanut powder, green chilli, jeera, chopped coriander, and form a dough.

4. Grease oil in your hand and make small balls from that dough. Press slightly so that it can shape in tikki. Make 10 to 15 tikki at one time only. Keep it ready to fry. 

5. Heat oil in a pan. Then drop small portion of the dough to check the oil. If that portion float on a oil it means your oil tempreature is right to fry the vada.

6. Take one vada and slowly add in a hot oil. Let them fry on medium heat. do not touch them. Once they take a firm shape and turns in golden colour then slowly turn them. Fry until it turns in golden yellow. Fry all vadas in the same way.

7. Your sabudana vada is ready.

8. Serve with coconut chutney or curd.



Healthy Version:

Deep fry means lot of calories. 😁 There are other ways to make it healthier. 

How ?

1. Use appe pan for frying vada instead of deep fry.

2. You can shallow fry them. As I showed in picture. I always shallow fry my vada.

3. You can use air frier to make this wada.

4. Instead of vada you can make thalipeeth of the same batter and roast it on pan with ghee.


The yummy breakfast recipe is ready in 20 minutes. Right?


Some To Do

1. It is not advisable to eat fry items but once in a month it is okay.

2. It is authentic Maharashtrian recipe.

4. While eating our traditional recipe do not count carb and calorie. Have it in Healthy manner.



What is your favourite go to weekend breakfast recipe? Share in comment box


This blog post is part of the blog challenge Blogaberry Dazzle hosted by Cindy DSilva and Noor Anand Chawla in collaboration with Make a Wish Box.

 


©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.

Comments

  1. I love sabudana vada but rarely have it as it is fried. But your appe pan idea is fantastic. I am going to try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I do make this vada and love it. But am going to try this in appe pan, as deep frying does make me conscious of the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabudana has always been my favorite dish since my childhood. But, the process to make it was something I never knew it before . My mother used to prepare it but never I took the interest to cook it. But now after getting the recipe from you I am super excited to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vadas look really delicious. I don't use peanuts because of my daughter. I loved how you used simple few ingredients. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the taste of Sabudana Vada... The honest part is that I love Sabudana in any form you serve me. Yes, it is one of the common dishes which are taken by people doing fast on various occasions. Its easy to make, healthy and also tastes yummy. Those who not yet tried this recipe should try and I bet you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vadas look so good. We often make sabudana vadas in an appe pan. Without the peanuts, of course. Loved your simple and easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have never cooked using Sabudaana. Will try this one; it has been on my mind for a while now. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog took me back the 'memory files'. This vada was one of the first things I ate in my inlaws place (that time my hubby was just a friend). I love sabudana and make khichdi and vada all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sabudana wada is one of my favourite foods, whether I'm fasting or not. I've tried baking it in the microwave for cutting down calories. Appe pan sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sabudan vada somehow give a different blend in the mouth gonna try ur version.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sabudana vada is my all-time favorite. I and my family simply love it and my recipe is similar to the way you make it. I will definitely try the healthy version, thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks so yummy... This is one of my favorite vrat recipes. I add a little bit of sugar and lemon juice also. It enhances the taste. Do try it.
    Now I am rolling for this after reading this post.🤭
    - Anjali (messymom)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dish looks light and delicious- would love to try my hand at it one of these days

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love sabudana wada! And the appe pan version is as good. On my list is to try making them in an air fryer. I'll let you know when I do that :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your have shared all the details so well, I really enjoy having sabudana vada sometimes. One thing for first timers sometimes the vada explodes after frying so be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is always kheer but this seems to be great recipe. Sivaranjini

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sabudana and I love everything and anything that is deep fried. So basically this is a killer combo. I am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Sabudana Vada is one of our favorite snack at home. The recipe I follow is more or less like yours, comes out good. I shall try yours too. Sometimes, I do make them in my appe pan when I am guilty of consuming too much oil.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These tikkis looked soo mouth watering, I have sabudana in my home. Let me try it ")

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sakshi here - Your post reminded me of my mother’s cooking. I like how you have incorporated appe pan and simplified the recipe. The photo makes me want to grab one an eat right now- lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sure is quite an interesting recipe! I usually find sago on desserts and never on food like this. You surely got a very different cuisine and style of cooking. This made me interested though on how this taste as the other ingredients seems great when mixed up! Appreciate you sharing this recipe!-MommyWithAGoal

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sabudana vada is my go to food and I love making it! I often make it for breakfast and your picture look so tempting now even I want to have them immediately. I have made them using appe pan to avoid using too much oil but the classic deep fried ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sabudana vada or sago is my favourite dish for those days when i am on fast. I will this recipe too, tough, I make similar sago.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have memories of my grand ma making them for us during our school days. And thanks for this since holidays are round the corner, I guess its time that my pre schoolers also taste this amazing dish

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum! I love sabudana vadas!
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade