Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

The Mom Uniforms

A happy Mom means a Happy Home and a Happy Family.

Happiness of a mom is depend on lots of things. Let's do not discuss that because that is other subject. Every one have different aspect and so happiness too. But our happiness  is totally depends on us irrespective of the situations. Sometimes putting ourselves together makes most of us happy. Remember how much we are happy when we dressed up for any functions!

So a little bit change of the situations. Instead of a function you are at your home, sweet home and to make this home heaven you have to be happy. Do you agree?

Mom uniforms - Does it bring any picture in your mind? 

                               PS : istock

When we saw a well dressed mom on social media we feel, wow! Yaar, how can she stay so stylish? 

And then we see ourselves in mirror and pity on ourselves. 😶

Why is that so?

Though she had helper or may be she is doing for social media. Do we need to get influence by her? 

Yes, not for comparison but for well being of ourselves. Don't you think that? Shouldn't we ditch that pyjama or nighty? Don't you think we need to step out from our comfort zone? 

If your answers are  YES, to all above question then you are at right place.

A new mom or any mom when they are at home they used to be in nighty mostly. Are you one of them? If not then I am glad. Because I believe we homemaker also need to dress up nicely inside the home too. 


Why that is needed?

Well, this is my opinion, hope you can relate to it.

# When we are dressed up neatly we feel fresh, positive and energetic for the whole day. If I do not change my nighty I feel sick for whole day.

# When you wear comfortable clothes and well dressed our children see the happy mom and the happy positive vibes automatically pass on them. 

# I feel happy and so there is less chance of irritation 😐 and so no more temper out on children.

# When your child find you neat and happy they tend to be like you. They keep themselves well dressed. This is my experience because children imitate us.

#Well dressed means for me the clothes must be comfortable and fashionable which is according to your choice. Some like to wear frock, some like to wear skirt and top, some trousers, some leggin,  some shorts and some like to wear even sari too😍. 

So make sure you look good for yourself. Only dressing properly will change the whole personality. There is no need to have a full make up and hairstyle but yes surely be elegant and can be ready at any time to leave the home. 😊



Exception when you are a new mom or sick you have to be in nighty or which makes you comfortable.  First 1 and half month I was in loose nighty but afterwards I changed my wardrobe.  I picked up only 5 clothes to wear at home (minimalism 😇) and wear it by styling differently. So

Basically what do you need ? 

A set of loose cotton t shirt - ( for feeding )

A set of bottoms leggings, track pants, plazzo, patiala, jeans, straight pants ( anything as per your choice )

A pair of night suits

A set of tops 

Shorts /skirts

Kurti long /short

Frocks/ one piece

That's it! 

Choices are yours. Make sure your clothes should be comfy and makes you happy🙂.

Sharing some of my mom uniforms 😀yes, I called them Mom uniforms because they are rescue for everyday life. These are according to my comfort and budget too. Might be many of you have the same. 




Night suit but bottom can be used with tops or t-shirts.




Most of us think we have to cook, clean up and handling kids, then why the hell to wear a nice clothes when they are going to be dirty.  I am a mom of twin babies and one 9 year old. I am used to do lots of things single handly without any help. But dressing yourself really make a lot of change. It change your mental state and makes you happy. 




Every woman /mom likes to look stylish and classy right , 

1. So change your wardrobe according to the season of your life and actual season.

2. Be minimalist because you have to handle clothing of a whole family which might be overwhelmed😇😐.

3. Keep only those clothes which you really like to wear. 

4. Make sure to have elegant hair cut which you tie quickly. I mostly stay in bun because my kiddo keep on pulling my hair😑

5. Have a basic make up : Moisture must must and the bindi if you like to have. 

Thats it. You are rocking mom! 


Disclaimer : I am not stylish by profession. I am minimalism mom and a happy (mostly) mom. Sharing my experience which might helpful to many of you.


Feel free to share your go to mom uniforms.


This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla.



©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.                    

Comments

  1. I do think just the way you think and strongly life that is more to do and enjoy even after being a mom. If we look good by changing little bit of lifestyle then we will feel good and this feel good feeling will make our life more positive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post and the photos bring out what you are really trying to convey. Whatever brings you joy within will multiply and bring joy to the family. Self love - no matter the form. More power to you Neeta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea behind your post Neeta n absolutely agree that we are what we wear. In a nice way u are teaching us to be positive and live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the positive vibes it bring when u are well dressed, the best of you comes out, the confident feeling is always around us. When I am in my home clothes its like kamwali bai of the house but when Im dressed its just a different feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, encouraging & inspiring all to be in good clothes at home too. Quite worth considering your point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading your post. I completely agree with you. Making a bit of an effort goes a long way to feel better about ourselves. I was always dressed in a sari even at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a parent but I could relate to your post. Just making that effort to dress up makes a world of difference mentally and boosts confidence. Slef love is as important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, The relationship between our clothing and our mental state is renewed attention. When we take the time to dress well, we not only feel better, but we also perform better.
    -Anjali

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you. Being presentable at home makes me feel so energetic and positive. Especially being a mom it is very important to dress well as you the first one to set an example for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely agree that how you feel changes based on the clothes you wear. That is why our elders used to say we should not wear torn or worn or stained clothes. Ofcourse others perceive you also accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post is accurate and perfect. However, you give a poitive vibe through your post which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you everyone and I am glad that you all like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If there's one thing I learned from being a SAHM and being a Self-Care advocate, that is not to forget that despite being a mom and rarely going out, we should still take care of ourselves the way we always do. During my first years as SAHM, I was too excited to be on my PJs all day-everyday. That didn't turned out great as I began to feel slouchy, drained, and out of life. That's when I decided to change up things and still wake-up to be the person I want myself to look like. Today, I wake-up, exercise, take a bath, dress up, put on my make-up and even a bit of perfume to start my day! You don't need others to see you to look beautiful.-MommyWithAGoal

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have any help at home. Juggling two kids with work is no easy job. I am always in my sweats. So on SM when we see mums stylishly dressed up, it's natural to feel sad

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you - when you look good, you feel good!
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade