Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

Learning while Playing

Happy Monday

At last Manson is here…..!!! Feeling so cool and refresh. Sudden a drastic change of environment gives fresh air which is so relaxing and energetic. I love rain because it gives me the peace of mind. Soft and smooth raining is like meditation for me. Really girlsss…if you are doing meditation just seat while raining and you will feel awesome!! The music of rain itself gives you soothing feeling which is perfect for meditation. Just try it once and let me know how u feels?


Today’s post is for preschoolers. Saee will be turning about 3 in two months and I am not at all thinking her to admit in a school. I do prefer her to enjoy the way she is enjoying now. I am sharing with you some of the play and learn activities which we both enjoyed a lot.

You know already how much Saee love activities and every time she wanted new. I always try to make a simple which she understand very well and love to do. Okk…without wasting too much time let’s get started:



This is her favorite fruit basket. She loves to cut the fruits on chopping board like mumma does. She also has chopping board and knife. So I thought to make the learning activities with this.  

Letter recognition with fruit name


I wrote the capital letter on the plain sheet like W for watermelon, O for orange, S for strawberry etc. and ask her to recognize the fruit name.


Then we did some matching work. I cut out the fruit images and put the fruit in the other side. I asked her to match the picture with the real fruit. She loves to do this.


And her favorite is  cutting the fruit with the knife. She does have her knife but recently she find my nail filer as a knife, naughty girl..!


These are flash card which I used to play with her in different innovative ways so that she can learn new words. On backside of each card there are three to four word for each letter with picture. I think this is the best way to introduce the new word to her vocabulary.


I really enjoy the coloring with crayon like a small kid. Do you guys remember which one is your last painting or coloring? This is one of the flash card which I use for color the object.  Drawing and coloring is one of the daily activities for us. We both love it.


I brought this coloring book for her.


and I surprise that she colored it without asking my help.


This is one of the games which Saee and her papa played together. Nitin arrange these card in this way and asked her to recognize with the word. Like where is Hen? H for Hen?  Like this.




We do have crafting once in a 15 days with variety of small project. One of them is this Butterfly, I forget to color this. I drew butterfly and asked Saee to stick this color paper to the wings of butterfly. I cut out the color paper into small parts and then she herself put that paper with the help of glue. Then I put this craft paper on our fridge. Whenever we do such project I stick it on our fridge.

Mega Block

Every kid love this mega blocks. But when you find that toddlers losing some interest in mega block do this trick. I made the house, animals or any object and ask her to make a copy of that. She tried to make the same or else ask mumma to help her. This activity helps to develop fine motor skills, logical and problem solving.

I rotate this entire playing item in every week and added to the new one also. The toughest work is to present the same game with innovative way if she wants that mumma should play with her. If she is playing independently then I did not need to look her. But many times she wanted to play with mumma only.

I do love playing with her because time flew so fast. You never come to know how quickly your toddler grow as a big boy or girl and soon he or she will lost interest playing with you. I want to make this time precious which fasten the intimacy between mother and child.

I hope you like this post and get some idea. Do share with your ideas of playing with your kiddos.

Let’s chat

Do you spend such precious time with your child? How?

Which are the special activities you conduct with your toddler?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade