Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

How to clean your house for Diwali

Diwali is the festival where we clean each and every corner of the house.  Cleaning is tidious job. But every one love to have clean and shiny room. It is  easier to have a cleaning but difficult task is to maintain.😀With twin baby it is quite difficult for me to clean each corner of my house but  I have lower down my standards of cleaning😜

According to the current state of my life I am happy as much as I can do. So here are the tips which I generally follow. Not for only diwali but for a seasonal deep Cleaning.

Pic Source : Pixababy 


Disclaimer : I am sharing my experience which might be helpful to you. This post is for them who are busy, have baby and do not able to clean up in one week.  

Sharing some simple tips for stress free cleaning. And you will not going to ended up with any doctor visits😑 (generally people fall sicks after cleaning).  I know, I am quite late for this post, but never mind !

Let's start the post. 

1. Break the task into little chunks : 

Instead of doing everything in one day try to divide the work in small chunks. This will not makes you tired and yes you will be not fall sick due to dust. 


2. Start early at least 1 month before: 

If you are doing this deep cleaning particularly for any festival then start early at least before 1 month. 


3. 30 minutes rule : 

Give 30 minutes only to clean up. This is my go to rule. Trust me it work best when you have little kids and your day is packed with so many to do list. While deep cleaning when you break the task in chunks then try to finish that small task in 30 minutes. 30 minutes is the minimum time. You may increase it but make sure you have to complete that particular task only. I ended up with other things if I do not allow myself to finish in 30 minutes.


4. Always clean your kitchen first: 

Yes, kitchen is the most difficult to clean up. Oily, greesy kitchen takes a lot of time for clean up. It will motivate us when we have clean kitchen. 


5. Give yourself a treat on completion of the particular room. Like an ice cream, cold coffee, cupcake or pizza anything which you like. 😜 Treat to banata hain na boss! 



Now the question is how to start ? 

Not to worry ! I am also a lazy person, so sharing the easiest way of cleaning which is working for me from last 5 years. 

Assign one week per room and pick up the time as per your convince.

Week 1 : Kitchen

Monday: 

Clean all containers, utensil which you use less frequently.


Tuesday : 

Clean fridge. Declutter sauce, packet food which is not in good condition or expired. Clean and wipe fridge. 


Wednesday : 

Clean trolley if you have. If you have stand like utensil stand, pantry stand, cup stand, clean everything. Declutter the utensils like cup, spoon, dish, bowls, etc which you are not using. Clean decorations if you have any. 


Thursday : 

Clean tiles, sockets, curtain and curtain stand, walls, kitchen towels, rugs, scrubs which we use specially for cleaning. Make sure to have a separate scrub for daily dish washing and for monthly cleaning.


Friday : Wipes all upper surfaces of kitchen cabinets. Clean kitchen platform and sink. And complete any leftover work from Monday. Because we give only 30 to 60 minutes for the cleaning.


Saturday : You have sparkle clean kitchen. Prepare some snack and enjoy movie time at home with your partner.😊


Week 2 : BEDROOMS

Monday :

Clean walls, upper surface of wardrobe, and fan. Wipe doors and windows.

Tuesday : 

Clean wardrobe and declutter clothes, bags, belts etc. Allow 30 to 60 minutes maximum.

Wednesday : 

Clean your purse, small bedside drawers, junk drawers. Clean curtains, bedsheets and blankets.

Thursday : 

Clean dressing table and study table. Declutter expired make up materials and old books, pens, colors and craft material.

Friday : Clean kids wardrobe.

Saturday : 

You have clean bedrooms. Take help of your kids to clean up their things. Give an ice cream treat to yourself and kids too. 😜



Week 3 : Living Room

Monday : 

Clean and wipes walls, fan , lights, curtains, door and windows.

Tuesday : 

Clean book shelf and toy cupboard. Declutter and organize in simple way so that each thing can be accessible to kids. 


Wednesday : 

Clean TV unit and shoe racks. Declutter if any unnecessary things taking space over there. 


Thursday : 

Clean dining table and crockery unit. Declutter the broken crockery which you  still keep only because of emotions.


Friday : 

Deep clean bathroom and toilets if needed a deep cleaning.

I generally don't need to do any deep clean of bathrooms because I am having a habit to deep clean on every Monday.


Plus have a habit to clean trash cans twice in a week. 

 

Saturday : Yeeaa! You have clean home. Now it is time for Diwali shopping. Enjoy 😜


You can do it as per your comfort level. Finish task in 2 days or in a week. This is the way where you can deep clean each corner of your house neatly without rush and stress. 

Week 4  : Start your diwali sweet preparations. 

We used to prepare our diwali sweet with whole family. In the same way ask your kids and husband to help you in sweet preparations. 


Hussshhhh!! The biggest diwali saafsafai is finally done. ☺☺ Enjoy your diwali with your family and friends.


Wishing you all Happy Diwali in advance. 

Comment below how do you clean your house? You do it by yourself ? Or by Urban clap people 😁?


This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla in collaboration with Baked Happily Ever After.


©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.                                         




Comments

  1. Neeta, like how you have broken your tasks down by categories and days. Agree with you on a daily 30 minute routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Neat. Next year for sure would be trying these amazing tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! We usually clean in break up of rooms. One room each day and as pointed out by you even we start with the kitchen first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly this is the way I felt after completing the work - "Hussshhhh!! The biggest diwali saafsafai is finally done" because though I started early ,it took a lot of time to feel complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! This are actually a great help for any occasion where we feel we need to deep clean our home for the celebration coming. Amazing article!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breaking down tasks is the best way to clean without getting overwhelmed. I like stress-free work and like to do it at my pace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a ton dear for these amazing tips to deep clean the house and if we can do that at least at a interval of every months I think things will be more easier for us

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips, next year, for sure, I am going to start one month early. This year due to busy schedule, I started late and was tired on Diwali.

    -Anjali

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is come right on time, I have to start soon for Christmas cleaning and ur golden tips will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have shared a very detailed plan. We also begin our Diwali cleaning well in advance. Same goes for spring cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't clean our home this year. We are long due of white washing and that's why didn't want to invest energy twice. Our fans are still greasy 😭

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diwali cleaning can be a royal pain sometimes. And it is always best to get started way in advance. Love the way you broke it down to actionable steps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Despite being a busy mom, so sweet of you to have thought of this post Neeta. I really like that u have broken down the cleaning tasks into smaller ones... thats wonderful. I was visualizing myself doing all those things and it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elaborate planner for Diwali cleaning. I wish I could try even a part of it. Maybe age is catching up :) I am just not into deep cleaning anymore..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am alone this year, and believe me I too did bit by did because i couldn't do them together. Your steps are very helpful for the women out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you have rightly mentioned, breaking the cleaning into smaller tasks definitely helps. I do that as well. Iam one of the few who doesn't do any major cleaning specifically for Diwali. I do my cleaning over 4-5 days once every 3 months or so. I feel that helps me as i get easily exhausted with cleaning at one go. One week before Diwali or so i start putting stuff away in its place and then the dusting bit only before decorations are put up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've actually created an entire schedule! Definitely bookmarking this post for that schedule. Give yourself a treat is my most favorite tip from your compilation :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very well-planned chalking of what needs to be done. This time around, I have engaged my daughter to work with me too and she enjoyed doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a well-thought and well-curated plan for busy mothers/ women!
    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade