Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

Monsoon through my lenses

At the back of my school, there was a creek. Due to continuous rainfalls, the water in the creek logged, and slowly it enters our school ground. We were eagerly waiting for that and checking the level of water. Because at a particular level we got the holiday. Then viola…. Screaming, laughs, and lots of cheering! We went always with a group of 8 to 10 people and enjoyed the monsoon. Only one or two people had an umbrella and rest of us were trying to hide in the same one 😀

PC: Alamy stock photo

I am missing those days. How many of you have these kinds of childhood monsoon memory? Do you still remember your school incident guys? Comment, please.

Me and Mr. hubby love to have the monsoon ride on a bike. This monsoon ride rejuvenates us from the busy weekdays. This is one of the best ways to refresh our minds and body. Sipping tea on a roadside stall with hot pakodas… 😋 and adoring nature give us relaxation. It is one kind of meditation for us.

We are grateful to have our home at this place where we have a beautiful monsoon. People used to plan for a monsoon trekking and we are blessed to have such kind of road trip whenever we want throughout this monsoon season. Feel this monsoon through my lenses and comment down which picture you like the most.

Now our daughter is also a part of our “Pagalpanti” 😊 She asked whenever she wants to have a ride but we insist her to wait for the monsoon. She asked me what is the monsoon

I simply replied it is a rainy season. She said that I know mamma, but what it is exactly? How it works? Why clouds are black and grey? Blaa…blaaa….blaa..

Hmmm, kid’s mind have a lot of queries. I tried to explain in a kid’s manner. Monsoon is the rainy season where we have heavy and cold winds. These winds bring rain. Due to the black and grey clouds, we have rainfall.


Unfortunately monsoon in this year 2020 adds more trouble with COVID -19Mumbai was flooded and most of the buildings were collapsed due to this heavy rain.

 

Back to the topic,😀we experience this greenery in the month of July to August. Monsoon start from the June and it may end in November too, kidding but yes last year we had monsoon in winter too. The bottom line is you will not find this greenery after august. Because the grasses tend to increase more and it looks like a mushy green forest.


I like monsoon very much. Sipping a hot cup of coffee, ginger cardamom tea with kanda bhajji and hot piping khichdi with pickle and papad, tomato soup, love to have all this with chirping sound of rainfall. Being a foodie I love to have all monsoon season foods + festive food in our home.


What is your favorite comfort food for the rainy season?

 

Hope you like our monsoon photography. Don’t forget to check out my FACEBOOK PAGE page.

 

 




©Neeta Kadam. This article and image are the property of Memory Flies. Any unauthorized use or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.

 

Comments

  1. Monsoon 😍 I feel it is the best part of the year...moreover it's a love hate relationship...you want it to rain, but not too much taaki keechad na ho jaye 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes dear, I hate kichaddd. But love the nature in monsoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Early this year, I and husband dev ( i mean Patidev) had decided to go for the weekend vacay during the monsoons... But this corona has wiped off our entire plans. And it's been so many years in Mumbai, I haven't been Lonavala yet..!!

    Nevertheless, by seeing your post and pics, I felt so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite monsoon food is we get a specific type of button mushrooms, which we cook in spicy tangy curry. Omg drooling over it while commenting here 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to watch the rain and eat hot bhajiyas and a nice cup of coffee is like the icing on the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, coffee n bhajiyaa mine favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feels so good to be so close to nature and enjoy the monsoon. I loved the picture where the school girls are walking by... Reminded me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww such a cute post . Your post has made me nostalgic. I love mansoon so much and have plenty of beautiful memories of this season. Pakode is my all time favorite snack of this season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's true. As kids moonson was our favourite season. And gathered with friends it was all about fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Surbhi n two unknown😒 for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making paperboats, jumping with gumboots in the muddy waters, walking around in chappals and splish splashing - after that checking how many drops of kichad got imprinted on my pants....hahahaha...so many memories associated with monsoon. Lovely post - brought back some beautiful memories. Loved your photos too. Keep writing :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, jumping in muddy puddles are memorable too. Thank you Mayura for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monsoon comes with lots of memories and (😋) food cravings!! My favourite monsoon food is pakodas with chai☕

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love monsoons coz it makes the
    Climate cozy and cool and the nature looks more beautiful after rain. Though I dnt like to get wet in rains, i do enjoy drives and hot chai n bhutta in rains. And the garam garam kanda bhaji...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy the monsoons, the fresh smell of wet soil and hot ginger tea. I wish to travel and enjoy the greenery around as living in Mumbai it becomes a rare sight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Monsoon from childhood brings so many memories back. Those days were good. We used to make paper boats and sail it through the puddle, eat garma garm bhajiyas and sip a cup of hot cocoa. Or the best was having hot rasam made by my granny. But nowadays monsoon is been like a nightmare. With so many pollutants in the air, water and land, I dont prefer to get out of my house during monsoon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vaishali Sudan Sharma26 August 2020 at 23:38

    Your post reminded me of Chai and samosa in rainy season. i soo used to enjoy delhi rains and chai & samosa at the tapri. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too miss my childhood during monsoon .And specially this year I am missing more the monsoon walk and other activities. Very nice write up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, just such a lovely article to read :) lovely pictures and what a fun outing! definitely agree with you, dhabha style chai and pakoras in the rain are an experience in itself :) we also like to have masala papads along with this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you all for stopping by n reading my post. Love everyone's comment n glad that I am able to connect with every one.
    Lots of love to all 😘😘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade