Featured post

HEALTHY DINNER FOR WEEK : MARCH 2024

Image
How are you ? April is started already and how life is going? Steady or with full speed? Mine is going with full speed. Mini vacation are over and school has started. Again we are busy with school, study little bit and toddlers play time. Healthy dinners are the most important part of our Indian houses. We Indian families have everyday dinner together because it is the time where we meet each other and we talk with each other.  This was the scene of our childhood lives. Many of you agreed with it.  But,  In my house dinner time is where we strictly off the screens whether it is big or small screens and talk over the meal.  Dinner is the special time where we all have meals with discussion and laughter so we did it mindfully.  A healthy dinner has always been my goal. Earlier there was a house help when my baby was small but now we don't have any help. So the goal is to cook food at home and have a meal with the family, which is sometimes very difficult. But with meal planning I ma

Organization of kid's closet

Happy Sunday

How was your first month of 2017? I was quite busy throughout the month so not able to make any post on my blog. This will be the first organization post of 2017. No, I am not organized person; actually, I am a lazy girl/women/mother? The day Saee (my daughter) born I want to be organized for a various reason. You all mommies know how the newborn baby room looks like. There is diapers, baby burp cloths, swaddling blanket, baby quilt and baby lotion, baby oil bla,bla, bla, bla….!! At that time, I felt that it needs to be organized. Everything should have proper place. I was trying since she was a baby. Now she is 3 years old so I want to share with all you mummies how I organize my little one closet where I am placing all her clothes, books and toys all in one place.



Whenever Saee want to wear clothe, she asked me to take out all her clothes from the closet and then she will choose from it. It was a huge pile and I tend to keep it like that only again in the closet. It happened with her toys also. She wants every toy to play and finally the living room is filled with toys. Whenever any guest is coming there is a huge marathon to pick up the entire toy and put in one huge basket. Next day when she asked me, for a particular toys then I have to find it from that box which was most time consuming and irritating. Isn’t it happens with you mommies?


So I decided to make it organized. This is the real kid’s closet and I organized in my way so that each thing have proper place including toys also. This is worked for me from last 3 months. So I thought to share it here.



I used whatever we have in the house like shoe box, clothes box. Whenever we purchase the new clothe, we get this kind of boxes do not throw that and reuse. I am using this box from last three month, which is in still good condition. You can cover it by using different contact paper. However, I like this only. I used these boxes because it consume less space and able to incorporate more clothes.


This is the way I fold her clothes so that I came to know how many clothe she have. I just need to take out one box and then she chooses one clothe of her choice. I can track which clothes she used, if she is not using any clothe more than three months I transfer it to the donation box.




I label each box. I have total six boxes, particularly for her pants and leggings, T-shirts, daily ware, small pants, undergarments etc.



This is one of the baskets, which I used to keep her all frocks, which took a lot of space. This will go directly in the closet.



I put her accessories like hair band and her spects (goggles) in this box, which take a small space and all hairband, remain in good condition.


Now toys, I made a box for each toy so that it will be easier to keep all variety of toys segregated. 


This is Barbie set, which include all barbies and accessories of barabies.


All vehicles are in one box.


Kitchen set and fruits go in this box. I used this plastic box, which is transparent, that help her to recognize the toys. I used the plastic box to keep puzzles toys. I am able to track and remove the toys, which are not in good condition. I throw out those toys and whichever toys she did not like it go to the donation box.

Yup I keep one box as a donation box which is used to filled up and cleared up within 5 months. This will help to keep your closet clutter free and create more space. Whenever you buy new things, old things should be getting out of that place. This in and out rule follows for all clutter like kitchen bedroom or my closet too.


Saee’s small closets have only four shelves out of two are occupied with her toys and two for her clothes. I used the small basket to keep her small board books that she loved to read every day.



This is how it looks, organized and easy to maintain. It will take only 5 minutes to reorganize because whatever we took out, Nitin or I will put the same thing in that proper place due to labeling.  Saee got the freedom to choose her toys and clothes whichever she wants. Mummy is no more irritate, as there is no huge cloth piling or toys anymore.


How you organize your child’s closet specially in small space?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of Kashmir

Baby Shower

Learning Activities for Preschoolers

Bhatukali in vacation

Happiness is selfmade