Wednesday 31 July 2024

HEALTHY DINNER OF THE WEEK - JULY 2024


Hello, how are you? After hitting Monday blue finally, I am ready for the week. As I mentioned to you in my last post, I am going to share healthy dinner of the week for every month. But I always forget to take pictures, so my last post was here in April. 


I do plan a meal but not like a pro ЁЯШБ because it didn't work. Yes, I plan a little bit and it makes my week easy. Otherwise, my whole week will be messy and I will on irritating mode. 


We are Maharashtrian and rice and dal are our major staples. Being a twin toddler mom and one 10-year-old picky eater ЁЯШ╢(these kids have more tantrums for eating vegetables) it is very difficult to plan dinner and feed the family. I am sharing my easy dinners for the week of June 2024. What we actually eat for the week. Pictures are not professional ЁЯШБ It might help you (if you are a mom like me) to have an easy healthy dinner at home. 


HEALTHY DINNER OF THE WEEK - JULY 2024


Healthy Dinner of the week 2024


MONDAY : DAL + RICE + SOYABEAN KADAI MASALA 

Monday was the most difficult day of the week. After having non-veg on weekends we prefer to have simple dal rice. It is Mandatory. 


Healthy Dinner of the week


This soybean kadai masala was yum. I tried this recipe from Brishti. You can try it your family will love it. This dish is permanent in my meal plan.  We had papad along with it and onion salad. They are missing in the picture. 


TUESDAY: FRIED RICE + ALOO PALAK+ TOMATO CHUTNEY + CHAPATI 


Healthy Dinner of the week 2024


I planned for chapati and Aloo Palak only. But there was some leftover rice from lunch. I convert it into fried rice with a simple tadka of mustard, cumin, onion and basic powder masalas. I made Allo palak after a long gap. It is a simple recipe and in my family only I love it. So I have to make tomato chutney for the rest of them. (It is necessary to make your favourite meals too) 


WEDNESDAY:  CHANA AMTI + RICE + VANGAYCHE KAAP 


Malavani style chana amti is a staple in malavani house. The blend of coconut and onion masala gives an authentic flavour to this amti.


Healthy Dinner of the week 2024


Brinjal is not so favourite in our house but we like this fried version. I keep it very simple. Slice a brinjal in a round shape and marinate with basic masala and salt. Shallow fry on medium hit. It tastes awesome. 


THURSDAY:  PAAV BHAJI 


It is paav bhaji day. When I don't feel like cooking I prefer to have a one-pot meal which goes for lunch and dinner too.  Paav bhaji is one of my family's favourite one-pot meals. Once in a while, you can eat paav. It is not going to harm your health at all.


Healthy Dinner of the week 2024


This time I made it with broccoli, bottle gourd, potato and tomato. It is mommy's trick to feed lots of vegetables to the kid. Pressure cook and smash with a grinder. Easy peasy recipe that can be prepared in 10 minutes. You can check out the video here. Butter and cheese-loaded paav bhaji taste yummy!


FRIDAY : DAL + RICE + EGG BHURJI 

It is Maharashtrian dal - a mixture of moong and masoor dal. Pressure cook with a little bit of turmeric and oil. Then goes the normal tadka of garlic, cumin, mustard, curry leaves, and green chilli. The trick is to boil the whole dal for at least 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander. 


Healthy Dinner of the week 2024


Egg burji tastes awesome with chapati but we used to eat chapati for breakfast and lunch too. We prefer to have dal rice for dinner. I love to have egg burji with dal rice. It is YUM ЁЯШЛ. (After all mom also needs some rest from chapati) you know that right!

On weekends we usually eat non-veg. Fish or mutton is on the menu.  

Wrap Up: 

I hope you will inspire to make a healthy Dinner for the entire week. It should be simple and easy. If you practice it every week it will definitely save your tons of money. 


Question of the day 

What was your favourite dinner last week?  Have you planned your meal?


----------------------------------

Follow Memory Flies on Social Media 

Instagram 

Facebook 

------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SIYA TALE - STORY TIME

рд╕िрдпा рд▓ा рдкुрд╕्рддрдХे рдЦुрдк рдЖрд╡рдбрддाрдд. рдоाрдЭ्рдпा рдЬुрд│्рдпा рдоुрд▓ी рдЪाрд░ рдорд╣िрди्рдпांрдЪ्рдпा рдЕрд╕рд▓्рдпाрдкाрд╕ूрди рдоी рдкुрд╕्рддрдХं рд╡ाрдЪрддे. Read aloud. рджोрдШींрдиा рдЦुрдк рдЖрд╡рдбрддाрдд рдд्рдпाрддрд▓ी рд░ंрдЧीрдмेрд░...